During this unprecedented global crisis, we at UW Press share concern and solidarity with all affected. We realize that this is an incredibly challenging time for people around the world, and we are grateful for your continued engagement.
Although we are working remotely, the press is operational and open for business.
Our spring travel plans have changed as many academic conferences have been canceled. The press will no longer be attending the following meetings:
- Association for Asian Studies (March 19–22)
- American Society for Environmental History (March 25–29)
- Organization for American Historians (April 2–5)
- American Association of Geographers (April 6–10)
- Association for Asian American Studies (April 9–11)
- Society of Architectural Historians (April 29–May 3)
- Native American and Indigenous Studies Association (May 7–9)
- Berkshire Conference of Women, Genders, and Sexualities (the Big Berks) (May 28–31)
Our acquisitions editors have been transitioning their conference appointments to virtual meetings by phone and Zoom. We are eager to hear about new projects and welcome your proposals. You can find a list of our editors and their subject areas here.
In the coming weeks we will be highlighting book lists from the spring conferences we had planned to attend. Stay tuned for special announcements and promotions via our social media channels.
We and our authors look forward to launching the exciting new titles coming out this season. Our marketing team is developing creative ways to share our new books through online platforms and social media.
Additionally, UW Press is offering 40% off all books and free shipping through June 30th. To take advantage of this offer, please use promo code WASH20 on our website or contact Hopkins Fulfillment Services (800-53705487 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
UW Press remains committed to scholarship and the publication of vital new work as a public good, and we ask that you continue to engage with us and share ideas. Thank you so much for your support.